Downloading placenames

David

On individual geocache pages, we can download placenames near the geocache. I can find no such option for the benchmarks. Am I missing it, or is that feature unavailable?

If unavailable, is there any interest in having this capability added?

I want my placenames. icon_wink.gif

Thanks BDT. Your suggestion does work on the 'Find nearby' link and allows you to see the placenames in page format. However, the portion of the geocache page I was referring to is the download option, for use with EasyGPS. I wasn't clear enough in my explanation.

I want the same little checkbox for placename downloads on the benchmark pages.

I like to dump these placenames into my GPSr and see them on the map. I can do this for geocaches, but not for benchmarks. In my area, as in most I suspect, benchmarks are more plentiful than geocaches.

If you go to one of the benchmarks, then select the link to "Find nearest : _ benchmark" it should present you with a list of benchmarks including the benchmark you are starting from.

Along the right side of this table is a row of check boxes, which I believe you can select those marks that are of interest to you, and the link at the bottom of the page will download all of those benchmarks as EasyGPS records to update into your GPS.

The reason I am not absolutely sure is that until either I create it, or someone else shows me where to find it, I can't make use of EasyGPS links from Linux. I have the pleasure of manually entering all the information if I want to create a bunch of waypoints for my GPS.

-Rusty