New Cacher in Bossier City/Shreveport

Ayeaka

Haha, I'm... a complete newbie.

I've known about Geocaching for a long time, but haven't been able to join until I saw the Iphone app while browsing the store. I actually got the phone as a free upgrade from my old one, and I can't afford a normal unit right now.

I....haven't found anything yet, actually, haha. Most of the caches nearest me turned out to be on private property, and I didn't feel like being chased away by security for trespassing; my first attempt at a nearby state park chased me off with poison ivy covering most of the trail in the general area. (Plants knee depth or lower, I don't care... These were bushes that were head-height.) I've currently got a small patch on the back of my neck, my right leg, and my left hand. x-x

Still, I'm hard to discourage. :laughing:

I actually want to get to caching myself once I've gotten a bit more familiar with things; my roommate's really gotten into it, too. See, we're both artists, and we've done a lot of artist trading cards in the past. We were thinking we could put a few ACEO cards in the caches we place. (:

Edited by Ayeaka

Welcome to this crazy sport. I would suggest you get some local help. We have a North Louisiana website at www.nelageo.net. There are quite a few cachers from the Bossier/Shreveport area on the site as well as a bunch of folks from all over Northeast LA. Join up and you will find a bunch of folks willing to help. Good luck and keep at it.