bookcrossing.com

How often are trackable books found in cache's? Have you ever found one?

i ask because we came across one in a cache yesterday; took the poor wayward thing home to find out where it'd been... and realized that it had sat in that cache for the better part of three years!

Just wondering how often books are found, and if this place is the only one of it's kind?

Right. Better not go, then...

I guess my attempt at injecting a little levity into the conversation didn't go over so well :)

My real point being that perhaps there are some websites out there that are not really worth emulating.

However, to answer your original question, No, I don't believe I've seen a book as a travelbug. A few logbook type travelbugs, sure.

I've seen a few Book Theme Listings out there, that are similar in concept to the other site you mentioned, but they always seem to go the way of most caches unless someone keeps them stocked with books.

Good luck if you're thinking of starting a cache with a similar theme. I can't think of a sure fire way of filtering for those types of Listings though.

I guess my attempt at injecting a little levity into the conversation didn't go over so well :)

Actually... that was my lame attempt at humor as well. Little dry, perhaps...

i'm not planning on starting a book-themed cache, though i'm guilty of having placed books in several of the caches i've found. My way of spreading literacy, i suppose... Johnny Bookseed.