Help.... Converting Tracks to Routes

I have a Garmin GPSmap60csx. I mostly use my Garmin for Backpacking and Mountain Biking. I do a little cashing from time to time. I use Mapsource 6 for managing my tracks, maps, waypoints and maps.

I would like to convert tracks to routes automatically or with at few manual steps as possible. I see I can filter frequency, cut and combine tracks but how do I take a sequence tracks and convert them into a route

Can I do this with what I have or will I need to utility or third software tool? Cheap and Easy are high on my list. (currently my gps file are saved in garmin GDB version 3 format)

Thanks for your help.

Edited by luckysomer

Cheap, Easy, Fast, GDB.

GPSBabel can convert tracks to routes, but it's up to you to know the limits of whatever route format you're converting to.

(And to pay pennance to the greatness that GPSBabel is. :-)

What route formats are there?

What are the steps in GPSBabel? open file then

Does it remain in a Garmin *.GDB file?

Cheap, Easy, Fast, GDB.

GPSBabel can convert tracks to routes, but it's up to you to know the limits of whatever route format you're converting to.

(And to pay pennance to the greatness that GPSBabel is. :-)

What route formats are there?

What are the steps in GPSBabel? open file then

Does it remain in a Garmin *.GDB file?

Once you look at GPSBabel everything will make more sense. It is very intuitive to follow. Since you use Mapsource you will have to keep the file format .gdb or .gpx for Mapsource to recognize and send it to your GPS.

You will also probably need and want to use the filters to reduce the number of track points for the track to route conversion.

Edited by eaparks