FYI Battery & Charger Reviews

games52

I see a number of topics that eventually contain or get around to the questions of battery life, chargers, and what they should use. I just came across this website with reviews and recommendations for 2010. Just wanted to pass the information on to my fellow cachers. I am not intending to commercially advertize or cause any trouble. That's all.

http://www.metaefficient.com/rechargeable-...y-chargers.html

Good link!

Eneloop + Lacrosse = great success!

Yup. I do have a few issues with the review posted:

1) The review covers the LaCrosse BC-900, but links to an Amazon page for the 700. The 700 has some limitations that bother some people, however it provides great "bang for the buck" at $30.

2) The review covers a highend $90 MaHa charger but not the well regarded MH-C9000, which is around $50. The C9000 in general gave the BC-900 a run for its money - the most difficult decision people made prior to the release of the cheaper BC-700 was "MH-C9000 or BC-900?"

3) IMO, there isn't that much that sets apart the Hybrid/ULSD/"Pre-Charged" NiMHs from each other right now. It's a whole different story for non-ULSDs - a lot of manufacturers are now selling packs that have no published capacity and actual capacity is very low - <1800 mAh for non-ULSD is pitiful.

I have an MH-C9000 but would probably go with a BC-700 if I had to choose again. I don't need the extra features for the extra $20.