Coordinate Conversion

Can any one convert the following into a standard degrees minutes seconds format. I'm stuck on it.

15SUD9042616840

MGRS, I think... checking further, sorry I don't use it that much, but it has a zone, block, etc and most important the grid is divisible by 2 for a 5 x 5 reference...

Edit: Yep... MGRS works fine... search out MGRS you will find converters... Fizzycalc doesn't appear to handle it.

2nd Edit: Should have realized this was for a puzzle... so to fit with it and make up for that... Make sure you go to the Wikipedia and search for MGRS and / or UTM and read the article on the structure and usage.

On the other hand, I've only identified the system, the coordinates are up to you. I've done the solution to check it... your turn.

Doug

Edited by 7rxc

Thank you Doug, that did the trick. I've been working on this one for a little bit but just could not find the right converter.

You're welcome... Do keep in mind that this came close to seeking a solution to a puzzle... something that isn't considered desireable in the forums... I erred a bit myself by only partially researching the request.

I don't think any harm was done... this time... no cache was mentioned, and no exact solution given...

Bear in mind that the intent of that cache (series) was to broaden your knowledge a bit, so I hope you did the research mentioned in that spirit... and now you know how to locate such things yourself, in the spirit of the game... I had fun for myself in tracking down the cache page... nice diversion on an again snowy Sunday in BC.

Doug