Found a cache while looking for a place to put one...

TomKat87

I had to log a DNF and on my way home I stopped for gas. While the car was filling up I thought this place would be a great place for a cache. I found the perfect spot and noticed there was a cache already there. I signed the log as FTF. But it looked like it had been there awhile.

I got home and tried to log it and find those who placed it.

The names were Eagle Trex and Kermit the frog, the cache name was "Flying Turd Hurler". It is located NE of Carthage, MO. :anibad:

I guess I can adopt this cache if none of these show up on geocaching.com.....????? ;)

The irony is I couldn't find the cache that was posted, but I found one that wasn't posted. :blink:

I had to log a DNF and on my way home I stopped for gas. While the car was filling up I thought this place would be a great place for a cache. I found the perfect spot and noticed there was a cache already there. I signed the log as FTF. But it looked like it had been there awhile.

I got home and tried to log it and find those who placed it.

The names were Eagle Trex and Kermit the frog, the cache name was "Flying Turd Hurler". It is located NE of Carthage, MO. ;)

I guess I can adopt this cache if none of these show up on geocaching.com.....????? :laughing:

The irony is I couldn't find the cache that was posted, but I found one that wasn't posted. :unsure:

Just because it wasn't listed on geocaching.com doesn't mean it is up for adoption. There are other online caching sites that it may be listed on.

Looks like it was placed in 2005 and has since been archived without ever being published. Here is a link to the cache owner, but their email address hasn't been validated so you can't contact them. Looks like they live in Texas, I don't see them coming back to grab the magnetic keybox (which makes it geolitter). If it were me I would just take it over as my own if you like the spot. I doubt that it is listed on any other geocaching sites if it has no logs since 2005.

Deane

AKA: DeRock & the Psychic Cacher - Grattan MI

Thanks for doing the leg work on this one Deane. I did a little searching last night but came up empty. It looks as though he was in the area placing a few and this one (as you said) was never posted. I'll look at some other caching sites, but he was using Geocaching.com.

Thank you for your input and help. :laughing:

Tom