How to log a geocoin that has not been logged at last cache?

Yeager139

I found a geocoin in a cache yesterday and it has not been logged on the site so it still says in hands of previous user. I plan on waiting another day or two before I log it but how do I log it if they never do? My only options are discovered, grabbed from user, or write note.

Try sending them a polite reminder email as well.

If you don't get a response you would select type of log: Grab from

Once you have it in your possession post a Note on the cache you found it in and Drop the traveler. Then Retrieve it out as normal. That way the coin gets credit for having been to the cache.

If you can wait, try to give them it least two days especially if it's over the weekend. Check their profile and see if they've logged in recently. If they have then they should have been doing the logging at least for the traveler they dropped off.

If you can wait longer that's okay too. If you pick up and move a traveler to another cache in one outing and then find out later wasn't logged where you found it, it is now two caches off track. That's when logging needs to be sped up.

I found a geocoin in a cache yesterday and it has not been logged on the site so it still says in hands of previous user. I plan on waiting another day or two before I log it but how do I log it if they never do? My only options are discovered, grabbed from user, or write note.

1. Grab it from current holder

2. Write a note at the cache where you picked up the coin and drop the coin there.

3. Pick up the coin from said cache.

Or you can just grab the coin, but by doing so, the mileage is screwed up.

GermanSailor

1. Grab it from current holder

2. Write a note at the cache where you picked up the coin and drop the coin there.

3. Pick up the coin from said cache.

Or you can just grab the coin, but by doing so, the mileage is screwed up.

GermanSailor

Yes do this. I have a Traveler that did not get dipped into a the cache it was found in. Needless to say the finder was kind enough to let me know that they found it and that they were bringing it all the way back to Wisconsin for me. Needless to say My traveler did not get credit for the 1500 plus miles for the cache it was found in.

Yes do this. I have a Traveler that did not get dipped into a the cache it was found in. Needless to say the finder was kind enough to let me know that they found it and that they were bringing it all the way back to Wisconsin for me. Needless to say My traveler did not get credit for the 1500 plus miles for the cache it was found in.

Logging can be fixed quite easily, no matter how far back you need to go. Want me to give you a quick walk through?

Logging can be fixed quite easily, no matter how far back you need to go. Want me to give you a quick walk through?

Please do. As the person this person actually put the GC number of the cache they found it at.

Please do. As the person this person actually put the GC number of the cache they found it at.

Okay, I'm guessing it's your Mover #1 coin.

I find the best time to do this is when it is sitting in a cache. If it's in the hands of another cacher you have to coordinate Grabbing it away and back and that can just add to the confusion.

Okay, while it's in a cache Retrieve it out using the Current Date.

Post a Note on the missing cache - using the date it was picked up - and Drop the coin in. In this case 10/24/09. You will immediately be given the option to Delete the cache Note. You can delete it without affecting the coin tracking.

Now Retrieve the coin back out using the previous date (10/24/09)

Post a Note on the current cache using the Current Date and Drop the coin in. Again, you can delete the cache Note.

Now, access the coin page and delete the logs where you Retrieved and Dropped the coin on the current cache with the current date. That way it'll show the last cacher as the one who did the Drop.

To update the mileage you may have to hit the recalculate button.

3bd5a0bc-28c7-4c1b-9293-d61c4aab9185.jpg

Please let me know if I need to clarify anything!

Okay, I'm guessing it's your Mover #1 coin.

I find the best time to do this is when it is sitting in a cache. If it's in the hands of another cacher you have to coordinate Grabbing it away and back and that can just add to the confusion.

Okay, while it's in a cache Retrieve it out using the Current Date.

Post a Note on the missing cache - using the date it was picked up - and Drop the coin in. In this case 10/24/09. You will immediately be given the option to Delete the cache Note. You can delete it without affecting the coin tracking.

Now Retrieve the coin back out using the previous date (10/24/09)

Post a Note on the current cache using the Current Date and Drop the coin in. Again, you can delete the cache Note.

Now, access the coin page and delete the logs where you Retrieved and Dropped the coin on the current cache with the current date. That way it'll show the last cacher as the one who did the Drop.

To update the mileage you may have to hit the recalculate button.

3bd5a0bc-28c7-4c1b-9293-d61c4aab9185.jpg

Please let me know if I need to clarify anything!

Thanks for the info.

Actually it was my Cache Mover #2

Cache Mover #1 basically has been KIDNAPPED by a local cacher right after I released it. I know they have it as they posted on the page that they had grabbed it. They never logged the mover and have not done any caches since. Kind of disappointing as I am not really sure why some would want to grab traveler knowing full well that they are not going to be doing much caching. Sorry to Hijack the thread.