pocket query

roadboss123

You need to be sure to select a day for the Pocket Query to run. Then you need to open the ATTACHMENT to the subsequent email message.

Here's some additional information.

http://www.markwell.us/pq.htm

Why do I need to select a day? What does it mean? If I select friday, then I will receive e-mail with attachment in friday? This is really strange...

What should I do if I want to get gpx file for my Nokia N900?

The pocket queries are set up to run on a particular day. That way you can schedule a pocket query to run on a particular day. Say you want the same pocket query on Friday so you can load it for caching on Saturday. You would select Friday for this pocket query. It will now run every Friday. Of course if you check to delete the day after running it will only run the once on Friday. I use this feature for predefined PQ's that I don't feel I need to update on a weekly basis. Others feel they need 20-30 PQ's a week and with only 5 a day they need to schedule the PQ's for different days.

Another nice feature that results from having to select a day to get the PQ email is that as long as you don't select a day you can tweak the PQ until you get the results you like. The tweaks don't count against your 5 a day.

You really need to go back and re-read the link Motorcycle Mama gave you. Maybe even read it twice.

Once you select a day, the pocket query will run on that day. You then get an email with a zip file attached with the gpx file. You then open the attachment and load the gpx file from the zip file into your Nokia.

By the way, the zip file is a number.zip, i.e., 123456.zip. A given PQ every time it runs has the same file name for the zip file.

Jim

Edited by jholly

I run a query of 500 caches but i can get them al to down load in one file? it only lets me salect 25 at a time, what am i doing wrong?

Please let.

Thanks roadboss123

I am having a similar problem. I have a PQ with 500 caches. The GPX file was emailed to me. I saved the file, 'unzipped', then sent it to my GPS. However, only 30 cache's are showing up on my GPS. Where am I going wrong?

Thanks! Oh - and I'm using a Garmin Colorado 400t.

I run a query of 500 caches but i can get them al to down load in one file? it only lets me salect 25 at a time, what am i doing wrong?

Please let.

Thanks roadboss123

I am having a similar problem. I have a PQ with 500 caches. The GPX file was emailed to me. I saved the file, 'unzipped', then sent it to my GPS. However, only 30 cache's are showing up on my GPS. Where am I going wrong?

Thanks! Oh - and I'm using a Garmin Colorado 400t.

Do you know for a fact you have 500 caches in the PQ? Just because you ask for 500 it does not mean you will get 500. How many are on the preview page?

Jim