ETREX VISTA

M.TEX

I used to own a Garmin eTrex Vista HCx and hated it. There is one reason I will never recommend the eTrex line (which the Vista is part of). That is because it has had a flaw in it for years that Garmin either can not or will not fix even though it's been going on for years. Now I don't know if it's 0.3%, 2%, 8% or some other percentage of units that experiences this defect, but at least now you can make an informed decision about whether it's something you should worry about. To read up on the defect you can CLICK HERE .

Besides the above I'd also like to ask you if you have ever considered a Delorme PN-30 or PN-40? These are currently on sale on Amazon.com for about the normal price of the eTrex Vista HCx. Just for arguments sake lets say the Vista is a good unit (which 99% would agree). However, they're not paperless capable, you can't load aerial imagery to it and lots of other neat things that a Delorme PN owner can do. If you'd like to read more on this awesome GPSr the you can CLICK HERE to read what I see the pros and cons of the Delorme PN series as being.

I'd just hate for you to shell out $220 for an eTrex Vista and then 6 months down the road you find out that for about $20 more you could have had a vastly superior GPSr.

Good luck in finding the best GPSr for your needs! :)

Ok mybe sound stupid but I think I got the Vista H

I got at Ebay minutes ago and the owner didn't say much....It was used couple times and come

with cables , pouch etc.

I think is Black and white display ( must be the H ) NO other name on the Picture...

so for 60.00 with shipping is a good buy ?

M.TEX

That's the original Vista & serial cable, included with a case and an auto power unit. $53 bucks is a good buy. It should work pretty good for starting out.

They don't have a lot of memory for maps, I have heard that some people have had issues with the date timestamp in the unit. Not high sensitivity, so use under heavy canopy can be spotty. Should be easy to get your money out of it if you sell it off in the future if you want a better unit. I still have a second gereration eTrex that I keep as a backup.