I am too dumb to run pocket queries I guess

gitarmac

I have defined my pocket query, hot springs NC. I go there on vacation about once a year, I do not need to get weekly updates. I am going tommorrow, I just want 500 caches near hot springs.

so I select all the appropriate fields and I get . . . nothing. I selected today as the day of the week and still have gotten nothing. There is a link to the query, and I can hand select each of the 500 caches, (or select "all" on each page and save separatlly) but I can't get just one file sent to me one time, at the time of my choosing.

I guess I will just be surprized if I get the file.

I am a premium member for this feature and cannot get it to work.

I haz the dum. :(

Are you saying ....

1. That you submitted the Pocket Query and it is NOT showing as being GENERATED on the Pocket Query page?

If so, did you select a DAY for it to run?

or

2. That the Pocket Query was generated, but you didn't receive the email?

If so, what email provider are you using? Some have been known to block/throttle emails from Groundspeak. Try GMail.

or

3. That you are receiving the Pocket Query email but that it's returning any results and there is not file ATTACHED to the email.

If so, make sure that you aren't choosing options that are mutually exclusive such as "that I own and that I don't own".

Check this out for more information. http://www.markwell.us/pq.htm

Are you saying ....

1. That you submitted the Pocket Query and it is NOT showing as being GENERATED on the Pocket Query page?

If so, did you select a DAY for it to run?

or

2. That the Pocket Query was generated, but you didn't receive the email?

If so, what email provider are you using? Some have been known to block/throttle emails from Groundspeak. Try GMail.

or

3. That you are receiving the Pocket Query email but that it's returning any results and there is not file ATTACHED to the email.

If so, make sure that you aren't choosing options that are mutually exclusive such as "that I own and that I don't own".

Check this out for more information. http://www.markwell.us/pq.htm

I submitted it and had not recieved an email, I choose today as the day for it to be generated. I have no mutually exclusive options. When I hit "submit information" all I can do is go to the link where the caches I want are, but they are not in a file, they are just pages of caches I can download a few at a time. But the fact that the caches I want are displayed - indicates I did it right, but I'm not getting a file to unzip.

I don't really want an email a week, I want one file sent to me, or one link that I can download the file. I only go once a year, I only need it when I need it.

What email provider are you using? Many block emails from Groundspeak.

Try GMail.

I get all other kinds of email from Groundspeak. And in the past when trying to use pocket queries I have managed to get an attachement sent eventually but could not open it, it was like there was nothing in the file if I recall correctly.

It was so long ago though I forget exactly what went wrong at the time. Everytime I try to use it I run into another snag.

Maybe I just don't understand how it works. I selected today, run once, so when am I going to know if it worked or not

eta: oooo! ooo! I just got an email!!!! maybe it worked this time! Lets see!

Edited by gitarmac