Premium Membership Gift Certificates

*TnT*

Alright, I'm sure I'm missing it somewhere, but then again if its so hard to find how do TPTB expect it to be used?

I want to purchase a premium membership upgrade in the form of a gift certificate and can't seem to find where to do so. I can easily find where to upgrade a particular player, but I want a gift certificate that I can print that would be good for whomever has it.

Where is the page?

I'm curious as to how this works.

Can I print an actual certificate with a authorization number and perhaps use it as a raffle prize at an event, or is the certificate hard coded to a particular user of my choosing?

I just went through every step of the process including "Place Order" (sorry Signal, I lied about the validation code on the back of the card) and, provided that you choose "Send the Gift to Me...", it asks you for the recipient's "name" and not "username". So presumably they get a certificate saying "Hi Joe, visit Geocaching.com to redeem coupon code #123456789" and they can apply it to any account.

I then tried again with a direct upgrade of a member's account and I was surprised to see that there was apparently no checking done of the account name. I chose a name which I know not to exist and it didn't pull me up. I would have expected a step like you see when you're trying to send e-mail to someone, with a check that the name exists, and/or transformation into a dropdown list of near matches. In fact, it would probably be a good idea to have a link saying "please just click here to make sure that you really want to send it to "Bob&Alice", as opposed to "Bob and Alice" or "Bob & Alice" or "Bob 'n' Alice" or "Bob&Alice.".

Edited by sTeamTraen

Yeah, and the Knowledgebase article states:

If you do not know their username or do not have an account on our site, visit the following page: www.geocaching.com/gift

From either place above, you can choose:

* to have the gift certificate emailed to the recipient immediately

* to have it emailed to you so that you can deliver it personally or email it to them at a later date

* to remain an anonymous donor or to specify your identity