GPS download problems

mrmrmike

Hello.

This is my first post.

I am experiencing some "bugginess" related to downloading cache coordinates to my GPS unit. I am using a Mac with Safari 4.0.3, and a Garmin Vista Cx.

Here is what happens:

1) Select cache to send to GPS unit. Usually the first cache and a few more selected caches can be successfully downloaded.

2) When I get to the fourth or fifth selection, I get the following messages: "There was an error communicating with your device. Please make sure your device is plugged in and turned on. If errors continue to occur, you may need to restart your device." At the same time the Garmin Communicator indicates that the cache was successfully downloaded (I am using the most recent version of the communicator, 2.8.1.0).

3) So, I restart the GPS unit and things magically work again - at least for a few downloads. And then I get the above error message again and the cycle repeats.

In summary, it seems that I can only download 4 or 5 caches before I need to restart my GPS. Any suggestions?