Using Garmin Vista Hcx for this mutli

I guess you should use the Project Waypoint functionality for this.

Let's say you have found reference points A, B, C and D.

Now you could project waypoints A', B', C' and D' one by one using the given bearing from each reference point (enter some large, unrealistic distance).

If you could then draw lines from A to A', B to B', C to C' and D to D', you would find the cache in the place where these lines intersect.

Now, how can you draw these lines?

The only option I can think of is to set up a route along all those points in the following order:

A -> A' -> B -> B' -> C -> C' -> D -> D'

Using the off-road setting, this generates lines between all the pairs A and A', B and B' etc. (The lines between A' and B, B' and C etc. can be ignored).

View this route on the map page and zoom in towards the intersection of the lines, mark that spot as a waypoint and navigate towards it to find the cache.

Basically I'm trying to triangulate some Coords. The Vista/Legend manual is pretty lame.

Download this manual:

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/store/manual.js...167&pID=263

That is the manual for a discontinued gps that has the same functionality as your Vista HCx. The manual for the old model was a lot more comprehensive than the manual for the newer model.

And, fwiw, you could also plot the final coordinates for that cache on your computer - using mapsource and the distance/bearing tool. Download the coordinates for each of the reference points into mapsource. Use the distance/bearing tool to project a line from each reference point and make a waypoint at the spot (probably a small quadrangle) where the four lines intersect.

Edited by jmundinger