Transfer a geocoin

Lloyd&Jess

I started an account for my daughter and am trying to transfer ownership of a geocoin to her.

Everytime I type the code of the coin in it comes up and says it can't find the listing from the code I provided.

I have typed the code in at least 20 times and it has been discovered by my daughter tonight as well.

Why can't it find it? What else can I do to transfer ownership?

Had to read a couple of times...you're using the adoption tool?? You need to enter the TBXXXX Referrance number, not the code on the coin.

If I remember right try this link

http://www.geocaching.com/adopt/

in the space put in the reference number (starts with a TB) and not the tracking number of the coin. That will take you to the page where you put in the new owner and hit send adoption request. I had trouble with it before and it ws confusing when it said I couldn't transfer because it was archived...

Haha, I beat you to the answer...but you put the link!! WooHoo, I think they already are using the tool.

If I remember right try this link

http://www.geocaching.com/adopt/

in the space put in the reference number (starts with a TB) and not the tracking number of the coin. That will take you to the page where you put in the new owner and hit send adoption request. I had trouble with it before and it ws confusing when it said I couldn't transfer because it was archived...

Haha, I beat you to the answer...but you put the link!! WooHoo, I think they already are using the tool.

Yes you did Robert :anibad: but I like to be complete in case they have trouble finding that link. :ph34r: Its not really easy to find..... :mad: