bicycle mount for Garmin ETrex Vista HCx

Has anyone else encountered this problem? I recently purchased a bicycle mount for my GPS. It comes with a new back to attach to the GPS when clipping it to the mount. Tonight, I discovered that it will not attach because the manufacturer neglected to allow a space to go around the memory card.

I was wondering if they have changed the design (ie placement of memory card) so that the new back fits some, but not all. As far as I know, I have the correct mount - the packeage says it will fit my GPS.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? I recently purchased a bicycle mount for my GPS. It comes with a new back to attach to the GPS when clipping it to the mount. Tonight, I discovered that it will not attach because the manufacturer neglected to allow a space to go around the memory card.

I was wondering if they have changed the design (ie placement of memory card) so that the new back fits some, but not all. As far as I know, I have the correct mount - the packeage says it will fit my GPS.

Why didn't you use the "factory" bracket that came with the Vista HCx? Works fine on mine, I just had to order the piece that mounts on the handlebars.

The "x" versions of Garmin units have the "x"pandable memory flash card slot under the battery cover. This factory cover must be used on handlebar mounts. The "x" series units ship with a small clip that screws into the hole in the middle of the back cover...used only for the handlebar mount (I think).

The cover that you describe is for the non-"x" series units. It wont help...try to find the original clip.