GPS FOR VERIZON BLACKBERRY (im a noob)

E-and-E-Team

I have just started doing geocaching with my gf, and we both have blackberry curves and verizon services. is there an app we can get and use to geocache?

Can i use my nuvi 260 as well?

aim name nynjknights28

I just answered this question in another thread, so to save time typing, here's the link:

Version BB Geocaching

ok so far so good but i dont get the cacheberry part, what is that and how do i get it?

I have just started doing geocaching with my gf, and we both have blackberry curves and verizon services. is there an app we can get and use to geocache?

aim name nynjknights28

I just answered this question in another thread, so to save time typing, here's the link:

Version BB Geocaching

ok so far so good but i dont get the cacheberry part, what is that and how do i get it?

It's an application for storing geocache information on your BlackBerry. The free trial is 30 days, which I found to be plenty of time to decide it was worth the $14.95 he's charging for it.

CacheBerry Web Site

For my Curve 8330, and using Windows, I find the easiest way to get GPX files in is to use the USB cable and the CacheBerry desktop application (also downloadable from that site) to upload directly to the BB. Check out the CacheBerry forums, there's a few short tutorial pages on the various ways to upload caches to the application.

aim name nynjknights28

Version BB Geocaching

It's an application for storing geocache information on your BlackBerry. The free trial is 30 days, which I found to be plenty of time to decide it was worth the $14.95 he's charging for it.

CacheBerry Web Site

For my Curve 8330, and using Windows, I find the easiest way to get GPX files in is to use the USB cable and the CacheBerry desktop application (also downloadable from that site) to upload directly to the BB. Check out the CacheBerry forums, there's a few short tutorial pages on the various ways to upload caches to the application.

thank you for all the help, what if i do not have the USB cable? Can I get the gpx file via the phone? I am looking for the dog whisperer cache in Carl Shurz Park in NYC zip code 10028

thank you for all the help, what if i do not have the USB cable? Can I get the gpx file via the phone? I am looking for the dog whisperer cache in Carl Shurz Park in NYC zip code 10028

You can get individual GPX files (just for the one cache) by using the browser on the phone to go to the cache page, and clicking the Upload GPX button; CacheBerry will be registered to process it. I do this a lot.

If you have a media card in your phone, I think you can email yourself the zip file from a PQ, save it to the media card on the phone, and then import it into CacheBerry. Since I don't have a media card, I never do this, but check out the CacheBerry forums, people have discussed this.

Otherwise, you pretty much need to have the USB cable.

You can get individual GPX files (just for the one cache) by using the browser on the phone to go to the cache page, and clicking the Upload GPX button; CacheBerry will be registered to process it. I do this a lot.

If you have a media card in your phone, I think you can email yourself the zip file from a PQ, save it to the media card on the phone, and then import it into CacheBerry. Since I don't have a media card, I never do this, but check out the CacheBerry forums, people have discussed this.

Otherwise, you pretty much need to have the USB cable.

thanks but there is no UPLOAD GPX on the cache page :anitongue:

thanks but there is no UPLOAD GPX on the cache page :anitongue:

Sorry, was going by memory.

If you are a premium member, then you should see in the "Download" section a button that says "GPX eXchange File". this is the best data source for CacheBerry. It can also import a LOC Waypoint file, which is available if you're not a premium member, you'll just get far less data.