Friends request doesn't work

Rabolos

Hello!

We have changed our profile in order to allow friends requests.

Now we have tried to add friends which doesn't work as there appears NO PENDING STATUS.

:anicute:;):D

Can anyone help us? We are totally clueless!

Thanks so much

rabolos

Edited by Rabolos

Yeah the "Except friend requests" feature in profiles is broken but I found a workaround. Select the person you want to friend and click on "Contact this user". Just send them any message and before you submit tick the "Send friend request" box.

Thanks!

Need more help I'm afraid as I do not know where exactly on the website I can find "contact this user".

I have tried several options, but none offer a box to tick separately.

:anicute:

Hope you can help again, thanks!

rabolos

Yeah the "Except friend requests" feature in profiles is broken but I found a workaround. Select the person you want to friend and click on "Contact this user". Just send them any message and before you submit tick the "Send friend request" box.

Thanks!

Need more help I'm afraid as I do not know where exactly on the website I can find "contact this user".

rabolos

Click on the person's profile. (For example, here is our profile: http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=03...c-193d9779ff77)

Then click Send Message (it's right by the email address label). Once you do that it will bring you to the place that allows you to write a message as well as tick the Send Friend Request box. You can also find another user to message from this screen.

Hope that helps!

Carolyn

Thanks!

rabolos

Click on the person's profile. (For example, here is our profile: http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=03...c-193d9779ff77)

Then click Send Message (it's right by the email address label). Once you do that it will bring you to the place that allows you to write a message as well as tick the Send Friend Request box. You can also find another user to message from this screen.

Hope that helps!

Carolyn

GOT IT!

Well, I couldn't see that because the other user is currently not accepting friends requests.

But your post has been a great help!

THANKS!

rabolos

I had this problem too. What I did to get it to work was to change something else in the preferences at the same time. For example, I change my time zone and checked the allow friend requests, then submitted it. It worked that time. It seems the to give the error when you only check the box and nothing else. It worked for both myself and my brother who was having the same problem.