Looking for low cost GPS for daughter

I am looking for a cheap/ free gps. I have recently started caching again after taking a break for several years. My daughter is now old enough to go with me & LOVES "treasure hunting"! Only problem is I no longer own a handheld gps. The last couple times we have been out caching, I have used my iPhone but my daughter really wants to be more involved and since I don't want her running around the woods/ swamps with my iPhone, I am looking for a cheap starter unit that she can use.

As long as it works good & is fairly user friendly I'm in. I'm not picky about features. I'm really just looking for anything low cost that she can use without me worrying about it.

Thanks!

I am the original owner of a used, but certainly NOT abused, Magellan GPS 315. I used it for geocaching until I bought my Garmin Venture HC a few years ago, and it's been sitting dormant ever since. Here's a link to a review of the 315: http://www.milleroutdoors.com/articles/magellan-gps-315.htm

I have the GPS unit (2 fresh AA batteries included), a black Magellan carry case w/sewn-on belt loop, a 12 volt power cable (to save the batteries when you're in the car), and the Magellan 315 user manual. Also, I can provide pictures if you would like to see the items. If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, send me an email from the Geocaching.com website and we can work out the details on price and shipping.

Steve :anitongue:

Edited by rocketsteve

I am looking for a cheap/ free gps. I have recently started caching again after taking a break for several years. My daughter is now old enough to go with me & LOVES "treasure hunting"! Only problem is I no longer own a handheld gps. The last couple times we have been out caching, I have used my iPhone but my daughter really wants to be more involved and since I don't want her running around the woods/ swamps with my iPhone, I am looking for a cheap starter unit that she can use.

As long as it works good & is fairly user friendly I'm in. I'm not picky about features. I'm really just looking for anything low cost that she can use without me worrying about it.

Thanks!

Have you looked at the Geomate Jr.?

More info here ...

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=222113

Edited by SuprBz

Thanks!

I have a Magellan GPS 300 that is in excellent working condition w ith owners manual. Will part with it for $50. jschumacherj@yahoo.com