Orphan geocoin

jfix

I picked up a geocoin in San Francisco recently. Later on, when logging the find, there was no mentioning of this geocoin. Basically, I now have a geocoin orphan which I cannot log or put back into circulation.

What can I do? I don't want to keep it.

Thanks,

Jakob.

Not sure if the site is goofing up but it says you haven't logged in since 2006.

What cache did you find it in?

Make sure you are entering the digits correctly. Check for things like O vs 0, l vs 1, B vs 8, S vs 5 etc.

I have two accounts, and did find it using the other one.

The problem is that I do not know the item's identity (not listed on the cache's inventory), a part from the secret number on the back ....

If the coin is not listed in the cache there are 4 things that are coming in my mind!

The geocacher who placed it there, has not loged his find and the drop of the coin yet (you have to wait some days to see, or go to the cache if it is possible, and read the logbook...)

Or....

The coin is not a trackable one!

or...

The coin is not trackable in geocaching.com but somewhere else or it is a coin of a similar game

or...

It is a mystery coin! Mystery coins are droped in caches by geocachers who do not want to reveal their ID, and they give these coins as gifts with only one thing, not to sell it!!!

Sometimes these mystery geocachers log their visit, sometimes they do not!!!

It would be good to take a photo of the coin to show it to as! Just cover the tracking number if there is any!

Chack it is says "trackable at geocaching.com" or something similar, and if it has a tracking number or just a number to show which one you have! (for example 078, or 125, or...)

:)

Not sure if the site is goofing up but it says you haven't logged in since 2006.

Make sure you are entering the digits correctly. Check for things like O vs 0, l vs 1, B vs 8, S vs 5 etc.

The problem is that I do not know the item's identity (not listed on the cache's inventory), a part from the secret number on the back ....

You found it using another account? Do you have a link to the traveler?

Edited by BlueDeuce

You found it using another account? Do you have a link to the traveler?

here's the log:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...ec-19a1dacfc426

here's a picture:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jfix/3647752593/

and, yes, it has a six character long tracking code starting with SB....

Edited by jfix