I need help with explorist 500

Ok, I know I am a newbie, and I have searched this forum and the net, to no avail.

My problem is that I have no idea how to get my geocaches onto my explorist 500. I obviously need step-by-step instructions.

I am trying to put them onto my SD card. They are on there, however they are not showing up on my gps. Ughhhh!!!!!!!

What program do is the easiest?

I am getting very frustrated. I was excited about these new adventures, and eager to try it out, but after a couple of days of trying to use this flippin' thing, I must say that I may just put it in the box, and use it for what we bought it for... to mark where we catch fish.

This is a brand new unit, which I purchased for my man for father's day, and I am trying to get this all organized for him before we give it to him, (Thank god I decided to do this, because I think if I were to just give it to him without checking it out first, it would just stay in the box and end up in a yard sale one day.)

Would someone have the grace to help me out here??? PLEASE!!

Thanks in advance and if I posted in the wrong forum, I apologize. I despise being a noob at something, but hey... we all have to start somewhere... right?

You mentioned that tthe geocaches are physically on the card, but are not showing up. By that, do you mean that you do not see any geocaches listed when you press the "goto" button?

If that is the case, then I would believe that the GPSr is looking in the internal memory for the geocache list. To change the default to where you have your file, simply press "Menu", "Preferences", "Active Setup" and then look at the bottom line to see where the GPSr is looking for the cache listing. Scroll down to that line and press "enter", "Select File", find the file by pressing "Up One Level" until you see SD card.... then go looking for your file.

Hope that works for you. Happy Fathers Day!