Repair Time on a Garmin 60csx?

My 60csx has developed (after 35k miles!) a crack on the antenna casing. The gps works fine, but it is no longer waterproof. It just needs a new case.

My problem is that I am leaving for Europe in a month - do I get it repaired now, i.e. will it get done in a reasonable time (say, 3 weeks?) or should I send it in from Europe and have it sent to me in Europe?

I would either 1) have it sent to you in Europe or 2) patch it up with some silicone sealant and send it in when you get back.

I've had Garmin take anywhere from one week to three months to get a unit back to me. You're better off not taking the chance.

Two weeks turn around time is what they say is average. Could be more could be less. That is after they receive it in Kansas.

I sent my out of warranty 60CX back about 2 months ago. Got it back in 2 weeks. They didn't have a refurbished unit so I got a brand new one with the latest firmware & software updates. Couldn't be happier with Garmin's policy on repair - it cost me $110 plus the cost of shipping the unit to them. Just be sure and take out your mini SD card and remove your lanyard before you send it back.

Have a good time caching in Europe!

Deane

AKA: DeRock & the Psychic Cacher - Grattan MI