Surprise!

Geocaching yesterday. Went almost right to the chache I was looking for, but when I took off the top rock from the pile in which the hide was, there, coiled upon the geocan, was a small snake. :P Yes! A live snake. It sqirmed a bit and coiled a little tighter as I looked, my heart pounding. I'm afraid of snakes, but after feeling initially anxious and jittery, I took a deep breath, & went to the car to get my camera to snap a picture. Looked around for a stick with which to gently poke the snake, hoping it would crawl away. No such luck. I logged the find, admitting that I had not signed the log, and why. Posted a picture on the site to prove I had 'found'. Maybe today I'll go back to see if the snake is gone... I live in rural Az.,high desert, so snakes are always a consideration while caching in Spring, Summer, or Fall. Guess this sport might force me to face my fear of meeting snakes.

Geocaching yesterday. Went almost right to the chache I was looking for, but when I took off the top rock from the pile in which the hide was, there, coiled upon the geocan, was a small snake. :laughing: Yes! A live snake. It sqirmed a bit and coiled a little tighter as I looked, my heart pounding. I'm afraid of snakes, but after feeling initially anxious and jittery, I took a deep breath, & went to the car to get my camera to snap a picture. Looked around for a stick with which to gently poke the snake, hoping it would crawl away. No such luck. I logged the find, admitting that I had not signed the log, and why. Posted a picture on the site to prove I had 'found'. Maybe today I'll go back to see if the snake is gone... I live in rural Az.,high desert, so snakes are always a consideration while caching in Spring, Summer, or Fall. Guess this sport might force me to face my fear of meeting snakes.

I would say that most parts of our country are the same. I'm in Kentucky and have come across my fair share of snakes this spring while caching. None poisonous so far, just garter snakes. None IN a container either.

I'm pretty calm unless I see a Copperhead or Rattlesnake.

I always laugh when mowing the first few times in the spring. I try my best not to run the garter, green and black snakes over (stopping often as I mow) but there are so many. They find better places to hide after a few cuts. I try to leave them be - they eat moles and mice which I hate much more than snakes.

last week we were on vacation and i took my wife caching for the first time she enjoyed untill we looking for one under a fishing pier.We about 1 ft away from it when a 14ft alligator swam up on us.needless to say when skipped that one.She still had fun helped me more that day.