Move a character to a zone not working

Moss Troopers

One of my characters is misbehaving. At the beginning of the cartridge when I move him from zone to zone if I am in that zone the distance to said character reads “here.” Then, part way through the game he gets moved again (about the fourth time he gets moved) and starts acting different. He is moved to a zone but when I enter that zone the distance to the character does not read “here.” The character seems to be at a fixed point. After performing a task in that zone the character should move to a different zone. However the character stays at the same fixed point. I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong. Does anyone have any suggestions?

After performing a task in that zone the character should move to a different zone. However the character stays at the same fixed point.

this seems to be some kind of a bug ... however, you can reset the character's ObjectLocation to INVALID_ZONEPOINT each time you move him. that will most likely fix it, but i'm not sure you can do that in builder directly.

you might need to edit the code by hand, or convince somebody to write you an Author Script that modifies the MoveTo function to behave like that. (i'd do it, but i don't have the builder at hand, so i'd probably do it wrong anyway)

Thanks for the speedy reply. I'm afraid I'm hopeless working outside the builder. I have a hard enough time as it is. I think the problem could be somehow related to the zone. The problem starts when the character is moved to the zone. None of the other characters have this problem and none of the other characters are ever in this zone. Do you think the problem could be related to me repositioning the zone?

Thanks for the speedy reply. I'm afraid I'm hopeless working outside the builder. I have a hard enough time as it is. I think the problem could be somehow related to the zone. The problem starts when the character is moved to the zone. None of the other characters have this problem and none of the other characters are ever in this zone. Do you think the problem could be related to me repositioning the zone?

how did you reposition the zone in the Builder?

Try setting it as inactive on one line, then set it as active on the next. If you have the rest of the code correct, that should force the Player to update the character's location into whatever zone he or she is in. If that doesn't work, try setting the character, then the zone as inactive, move the character to that zone, then the zone and the character as active, in that order. Doing it that way would force the zone to update its contents as well.

I changed the Lat and Long, then I generated new points.
If you change the latitude and longitude on any zone while a game is in progress, you will need to deactivate and reactivate it before your changes can take effect.

Whoa, way beyond my capability. The whole moving zones while the game is in progress is a great idea but I if it can’t be done in the builder I’m completely lost. :(

I ran a field test; the zone was in the wrong spot. I went home, changed the location of the zone in the builder, and complied the cartridge again. This is about the time I started having problems with this character.