Field Notes Uploading

Hello all!

I was just wondering how the field notes uploading (specifically for the Oregon, but I imagine it's a similar system for them all) works?

What I don't want to happen is upload a file and have all my logs duplicated or logged with no accompanying notes, so I was wondering:

- Is there an option during the process to select which finds to log?

- Is there an option during the process to change the log date?

- Is there an option during the process to add/edit log text to the logs (beyond the notes added in the field)?

The main reason for knowing this is that it would be a very handy tool, and I may soon write some scripts that help automate the editing and uploading process because I am exceedingly lazy.

Thanks in advance!

I upload Field Notes from my Blackberry but I think the process is the same for all forms.

When the field notes are uploaded you get a screen that lists all the caches in the order that you marked them found. There is a link to the cache page, a link to post the log and one to delete it.

When you post the log you get taken to the usual log page with the Found/DNF/Whatever already selected. You can do whatever you want to the log text prior to hitting the submit button as usual.

Apart from PQs it's the single best facility I've seen added to the site since I started caching :)

I upload Field Notes from my Blackberry but I think the process is the same for all forms.

When the field notes are uploaded you get a screen that lists all the caches in the order that you marked them found. There is a link to the cache page, a link to post the log and one to delete it.

When you post the log you get taken to the usual log page with the Found/DNF/Whatever already selected. You can do whatever you want to the log text prior to hitting the submit button as usual.

Apart from PQs it's the single best facility I've seen added to the site since I started caching :laughing:

Thanks very much, I'll be certain to start using it! And if I do get a compliable script working to upload the file automatically I'll be certain to post it up.