Garmin Communicator not working on Mac

AtlasHiker

For some reason on my Mac (iMac) I cannot download the caches to my Garmin GPS using the Garmin Communicator. This was working flawlessly for quite some time and now for some reason it just stopped working. I upgraded my browser to Safari 4 Beta, which is around the time it stopped working. Thinking this may be the problem, I tried using FireFox but that doesn't work either. On my laptop (MacBook) it works just fine though I'm not using Safari 4 but rather Safari 3 instead.

Any ideas on this would be appreciated. Thanks. :)

Same here for a while. I contacted Garmin and they said that it should be working on their end, and with my GPS. Any updates?

For some reason on my Mac (iMac) I cannot download the caches to my Garmin GPS using the Garmin Communicator. This was working flawlessly for quite some time and now for some reason it just stopped working. I upgraded my browser to Safari 4 Beta, which is around the time it stopped working. Thinking this may be the problem, I tried using FireFox but that doesn't work either. On my laptop (MacBook) it works just fine though I'm not using Safari 4 but rather Safari 3 instead.

Any ideas on this would be appreciated. Thanks. :huh:

Unfortunately, no. I've tried clearing the cache, deleting all the cookies, rebooting, etc. I have yet to call Garmin but from the looks of it (based on your response and the other thread on this issue - which I didn't see before posting this), it won't matter. It works fine on my MacBook but not on my desktop. I really don't know what happened to make it stop working. I might try switching back to Safari 3 and see if that helps.

Any ideas on this would be appreciated. Thanks. <_<

I was just about to post the same issue. Misery loves company!

:laughing:

I also posted a tech support issue with Garmin.