Help needed...

Niemela

Greetings. I am new to the whole Geocaching but intantly got "hooked" :unsure: Lacking a "real" (dedicated) GPS, Im trying to get an industrial PDA (Symbol PPT8860 running WindowsMoblie2003) to work with my bluetooth GPS receiver (NavMan).

I´ve been trying out different free-ware programs and trials to find what I like the best:

GPSTuner (trial) worked great, until the GPS receiver suddenly doesnt get sats.

BasicGPS cant get connection with the receiver (other applications ask me what BT device to use, when I activate the GPS function. BasicGPS doesn´t)

RichessGPS works OK, connects to the receveiver and gets a fix, but has no moveable map (which I would like).

Does anyone have suggestions to other free-ware or trial applications that might work better (with moving map)? Or any suggestions on how to get the BasicGPS find my bluetooth-receiver?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Niemela

Geoscout has a 30 day free trial and I feel has the most features of any PDA paperless application. Also the author is very responsive and will help if you have problems. Heres a link: http://www.navstation.co.uk/geoscout

edit: Forgot to mention, has scrolling map with auto zoom and will d/l maps from multiple sources including sat maps, topo maps, hybrids, and street maps. Very useful to see just what light pole the micro is hidden on :unsure:. Will work with BT GPSr.

Edited by The Unpleasables

Greetings. I am new to the whole Geocaching but intantly got "hooked" :) Lacking a "real" (dedicated) GPS, Im trying to get an industrial PDA (Symbol PPT8860 running WindowsMoblie2003) to work with my bluetooth GPS receiver (NavMan).

I´ve been trying out different free-ware programs and trials to find what I like the best:

GPSTuner (trial) worked great, until the GPS receiver suddenly doesnt get sats.

BasicGPS cant get connection with the receiver (other applications ask me what BT device to use, when I activate the GPS function. BasicGPS doesn´t)

Go to http://www.basicgps.co.uk and get the Manual. I use BasicGPS with a BT GPS unit on mt HTC Touch. - Works a charm!

RichessGPS works OK, connects to the receveiver and gets a fix, but has no moveable map (which I would like).

Does anyone have suggestions to other free-ware or trial applications that might work better (with moving map)? Or any suggestions on how to get the BasicGPS find my bluetooth-receiver?

Thanks in advance