COINTEST: Waitangi Day

Butterfly_lady

Ok so there a 99% chance I’ll never get to New Zealand but a few years ago my daughter had finished her university studies here in Ontario and thought of going else where to get her teacher’s degree.

She applied and was accepted at the University of Canterbury in Christchurch (want to see a father sweat), anyway it didn’t work out but if it had and if we had visited her (some 14,420 kms away) I would have chosen GC179FV Christchurch Conundrum (Canterbury).

First you have to complete two (2) multi’s, Canton & Portland Conundrums to find the coordinates to the Canterbury, what better way to see the city and spend time with a loved one after all isn't that what Waitangi Day is all about - Family :laughing:

Thanks for Sharing your special Day with us all.

This is an awesome cointest. Thank you so much for giving it.

This is a no-brainer. It would have to be Katiki Point. This is where my seven year old's Scooby Doo Adventures Travel Bug is currently residing. I would love to go see it. The picture posted in the log is absolutely beautiful.

If anyone wants to keep little Scooby moving please feel free to grab him :unsure:

Oh yeah, my daughter has one in the place that begins with "A" that we're not allowed to say in this cointest :laughing:

GCY3GR-Under The Goal Post (West Coast)

I choose this Geocache for its adventure and slight spookiness, as well as the fact that rugby has always interested me. The cache is located somewhere UNDER the goal posts of the Blackball Rugby Field. The cache is rated a 4/4. Partialy due to the fact that it is underground.The owner has placed certain types of electronics in the first two stages of the cache that you must bring together to find the final.Sounds like FUN!

The New Zealand national rugby league side represent New Zealand at rugby league, and are commonly known as the Kiwis, after the native bird of that name. They are administered by the New Zealand Rugby League. On October 22, 2008, The Kiwis defeated Australia to win their first Rugby League World Cup and will hold the title of World Champions until at least the 2013 Rugby League World Cup.

new_zealand_rugby.jpg

This Geocache is located in South Island, New Zealand.

The owner recomends bring two torches with you, one for a back-up incase the first goes out, as well as some good rubber soled shoes.

4643ec33-3bf7-4d3e-80c1-97bf359a5f74.jpgb087a8c7-6182-45aa-968e-5fe70cc8b80d.jpg

Edited by Team CeDo

This might be too late for the cointest, but I would like to recommend the following caches:

Flea bay

and

Onawe

Borrowed some photos of the caching pages:

ee4686ff-6907-4d85-a36d-8e8f3698a1ba.jpg

9bd77d0b-e37a-44c7-9ccc-9ee1b1d698f6.jpg

It's not far from Christchurch, on a penninsula with a beautiful and very special landscape. I haven't done these caches, but I've been there 9 years ago when I was travelling in New Zealand. New Zealand is a beautiful country with many amazing places, but this is one of my favourites. Before I went, I read a lot about the places I wanted to visit in your country, but not about this area. I went to Akaroa to work in exchange for accomodation and meals as a babysitter for 10 days. So the amazing landscape and views came as a total surprise to me :laughing: I've done some really good hikes in the area. If I remember right, the strange shapes of this penninsula where created long ago as a result of a volcano eruption.

Thanks for the cointest and good luck choosing your next cache!

Edited by Li-Z

Cointest is closed.

I have an idea of the winner -

But I need to do some checking of that cache first....

Will be announced in the next 12 hours.

:):o:D And I think I know what you are thinking! :D:D

To activate the coin, and drop it in the cache that actually won, with the mission to go and find the winner!

Let's see my mental powers! :D:D

:):o:D And I think I know what you are thinking! :D:D

To activate the coin, and drop it in the cache that actually won, with the mission to go and find the winner!

Let's see my mental powers! :D:D

Yeah, but the one I'm thinking of would be two days driving, plus a ferry ride away....

or a flight, rental car and return!

I think I'll try....snailmail.jpg

I choose this Geocache for its adventure and slight spookiness, as well as the fact that rugby has always interested me. The cache is located somewhere UNDER the goal posts of the Blackball Rugby Field. The cache is rated a 4/4. Partialy due to the fact that it is underground.The owner has placed certain types of electronics in the first two stages of the cache that you must bring together to find the final.Sounds like FUN!

WINNER!

Well done Team CeDo!

Post #53

This is one cache that I have on my "Challenge List".

I'm a little claustophobic.

Just.

I had the opportunity to do it some months ago, but the device was not working then, so I decline....

But I do mean to go back.

Yes, it is two days drive away from home.

Yes, It requires either a ferry to the south Island, or a plane trip.

Yes, I cannot travel that distance for only one cache.

What I liked about your post was that you added some research about our Rugby League team.

You found out a bit more about New Zealand.

Well done, send me your mailing address, and I'll get the coin off to you.

Allow two weeks for the snail.... unless you wish to activate it, and have me drop it into a cache to take even longer.

recent mailings abroad have taken only 8 t0 9 days.

WELL DONE to EVERYONE!

Thank you all for participating!

YES WE HAVE A WINNER!

But I think you are all winners, in that you got to see a little bit of the gem of a place I live in.....

Now, don't ya all think so!

Yes, yes Butter_Fly lady......thank you for encouraging me to explore your little corner of the World. Beautiful and someday I hope to visit in person rather than a virtual tour.

Congrats to the winner of the cointest! Nicely done.

WINNER!

Well done Team CeDo!

Post #53

This is one cache that I have on my "Challenge List".

I'm a little claustophobic.

Just.

I had the opportunity to do it some months ago, but the device was not working then, so I decline....

But I do mean to go back.

Yes, it is two days drive away from home.

Yes, It requires either a ferry to the south Island, or a plane trip.

Yes, I cannot travel that distance for only one cache.

What I liked about your post was that you added some research about our Rugby League team.

You found out a bit more about New Zealand.

Well done, send me your mailing address, and I'll get the coin off to you.

Allow two weeks for the snail.... unless you wish to activate it, and have me drop it into a cache to take even longer.

recent mailings abroad have taken only 8 t0 9 days.

WELL DONE to EVERYONE!

Thank you all for participating!

Wow Thank You so much!! I have always been interested in rugby, It looks like a very Tough sport. There were so many geocaches in New Zealand that I would LOVE to do!!! New Zealand is now on my list of places to visit!!!! Thank you for showing me a small bit of what your country has to offer!!