Oregon 2.85 beta freezes at startup

binzi

I'm currently running the 2.85 beta on my Oregon. So far (almost) everythin was really fine. However, since this morning, when I try to start my Oregon it freezes while showing the GARMIN logo. That doesn't give me enough time to do a master reset by pressing the upper left corner... If I press the power button and keep it pressed the unit will show the GARMIN logo as long as I keep the power button pressed down. Once I release the power button, the unit freezes again.

Unfortunately I won't be able to connect the Oregon to a PC before Wednesday night. So I 'm kind of stuck at the moment.

Yesterday night I was out geocaching and everything went just fine. Last thin I did was to connect the Oregon to my PC, access my field notes using the geocaching website and then disconnect the Oregon. Other than that I didn't transfer any files to or from the Oregon! This morning it would start to freeze as described above.

I will reply to this on Wednesday night when I had a chance to connect the Oregon to my PC and do some further analysis. Until then does anyone have any idea what else I could try?

Problem solved! Seems like there was something wrong with the batteries, old nimh 2000 which are definitely dead now! I put in fully charged nimh 2700 and now everything is back to normal!

Sorry for the mess...

Edited by binzi