Firefox rendering problems

Team Caracache

I am hoping this is not just specific to my computer, but although the geocaching.com pages load properly when I first start my computer, after a while I find that the display goes to low res view or doesn't display properly. This only happens on geocaching site and more rarely on Blogspot.

I am using Windows XP Home with SP2 - (SP3 caused a lot of problems) and I browse with Firefox 3.0.5.

The short term solution is to switch rendering engine with IE tab and it displays perfectly. However in that display, I cannot use my favourite FF add-on, Nuke Anything Enhanced, which allows me to cut out all the stuff I don't need before printing a cache page.

Anyone have any ideas - I tested my Java which is the latest 1.6.0_11 and that seems to be OK?

Edited by Team Caracache

It displays okay for me with FF 3.0.5.

Worst case, you could always uninstall/reinstall FF. If you do, make sure you backup your bookmarks & stuff. Of course, you'd have to reinstall all your add-ons too.

I had a problem with FF at work last week and had to do that, but it didn't really take that long.

you could always uninstall/reinstall FF. If you do, make sure you backup your bookmarks & stuff. Of course, you'd have to reinstall all your add-ons too.

Sounds easy when you state it like that - assuming you know what you are doing - but I wouldn't know where to start with either backing up bookmarks - and 'stuff'. This presupposes that the rendering problem isn't caused by one of my add-ons!!

Is there an idiot's guide to backingup, uninstall and reinstall to the same content state anywhere?

One thing that I accidentally do sometimes is zoom in/out on the page by accidentally clicking the ctrl button and then scrolling up or down on my touchpad.

One option you could do is grab the IE Tab add-on. It lets IE run inside of a Firefox tab. That might help you determine if the issue is with the Firefox renderer or possibly an add-on.

If it looks to be a problem with Firefox, you could disable all your add-ons to see how the page works. If it displays okay, it's probably an add-on issue. Then, you can re-enable each, one at a time and keep testing to see which causes the problem.