TYPES OF CACHES

Dogboy_56

i beleive that the micro cache is depended on too heavily. In my area (illawarra, nsw). For instance-

if your hiding one in rocks...at a deserted beach, that no-one goes to,

what do u hide?

a perfectly good medium, that could be easily hidden,.....or a dodgy micro that can be hidden anywhere

I feel that a micro should be for urban cache sin high muggle areas....not deserted areas

what do other people think about it, and what happens in their area? :)

I must say that micros should only really be hidden in places where there are few hiding places or that the affluence of people is so great that a diminutive size will go by unnoticed (we hope).

unfortunately I have been caching in places where you can hide an elephant only to find a micro hidden in some stone wall :)

This them makes me wonder if the geocacher lives nearby. If they do then maintenance is easily carried out. However, in some cases they don't and then inevitably the logbook gets full and the cache lapses into abandon.

I know of several cases where cacher are holidaying in a particular location, they find it pleasant enough to hide a cache, and the only thing they have in the car is a film canister and it gets planted.

Think before hiding a cache, please.

Unfortunately the eclipse style micro epidemic seems to have spread - the fact there is almost no expense involved may have something to do with it. :D

We certainly do not enjoy looking for them when there are perfect places to hide a regular size cache, especially when many caching teams involve kids. The other downside to the micros is the tendency to place them close to playgrounds. :D