Calling ALL Ireland Cachers - Wanna be on the radio?

Hello all...

I produce and present shows for a community radio station that broadcasts to Antrim, Belfast and Lisburn. We have a reporting team that covers anything that could be of interest to our listeners, so today I call the senior reporter and mentioned Geocaching...

Now, they thought it would make a great story, but then suggested that I do it! So I'm looking for a volunteer...

What would it entail? Well all I'm looking to do is meet up and go find a cache. I'll bring along some portable recording equipment and just ask some questions along the way. The package will only be about 3 mins long, so I won't need much from you!

So who's up for it? It can be done at the weekend or during the week, but will need to happen somewhere in the greater Belfast / Antrim / Down area.

Let me know by replying to this post, sending me a message through GC or emailing steve.radcliffe@bfbs.com.

Thanks to you all for your interest!

Ratty (Steve)

P.S. If any of you England / Scotland / Wales type folk wanna get a flight over for a cache or two and a bit of recording, feel free! Ste

Well if no-one else responds I'm up for it. Now that I have got rid of the man flu that is.

I agree that the bold Yotter would be just the fella for this.

I was interviewed by BBC Radio Ulster last year, in similar vein. (Below, with BBC's Jim Kelso)

buttermilk_400xc.jpg

For copyright reasons, a copy of that piece isn't available on the web. (Not on my site, anyway. :) ) but I used to have a recording of it, somewhere at home...

-Wlw

Steve,

Let us know if you want any help. This is from the Groundspeak Knowledgebase:

If you need assistance in researching a story, conducting an interview or need to verify facts within an article, you can email pr@Groundspeak.com. Please provide appropriate contact information and specify publication name and deadline. We will respond to your inquiry as quickly as possible.

Well if no-one else responds I'm up for it. Now that I have got rid of the man flu that is.

Excellent mate... Is there any chance we can meet up over the next couple of days? I know it's a bit short notice, but I had a rather busy weekend so this is the first chance I've had to think about it!

If you need assistance in researching a story, conducting an interview or need to verify facts within an article, you can email pr@Groundspeak.com. Please provide appropriate contact information and specify publication name and deadline. We will respond to your inquiry as quickly as possible.

Many thanks for your help!