Question about my Garmin GPS

azboy5525

Hello, I'm brand new here. I got my brand-new Garmin GPSMAP 76Csx last year and I love it. It's great to travel with in the car or to hike with. I have a couple of questions though.

What's the difference when I set the unit to "Car/Motorcycle" compared to "Pedestrian/Bicycle"? Does it calculate things differently? If so, what does it calculate differently?

Thanks in advance,

Doug H.

Prescott Valley, AZ

What's the difference when I set the unit to "Car/Motorcycle" compared to "Pedestrian/Bicycle"? Does it calculate things differently? If so, what does it calculate differently?
Yes. Things like: pedestrians are allowed to go the wrong way down one-way streets, vehicles are not; vehicles are allowed to go on interstate highways, pedestrians and bicycles are not (with rare exceptions in some places); pedestrians may be able to turn left at intersections where vehicles are not. I'm sure there are more, but you get the idea.

Welcome to the forums! :)

Yes. Things like: pedestrians are allowed to go the wrong way down one-way streets, vehicles are not; vehicles are allowed to go on interstate highways, pedestrians and bicycles are not (with rare exceptions in some places); pedestrians may be able to turn left at intersections where vehicles are not. I'm sure there are more, but you get the idea.

Welcome to the forums! :D

Thanks Roy. This looks like a good place to learn. Your answer makes sense but I doubt I would have thought of those differences by myself.

...Doug

Welcome to the forums! :D

Thanks Roy. This looks like a good place to learn. Your answer makes sense but I doubt I would have thought of those differences by myself.

...Doug

Yes you would've, "Darn it you're smart, and people like you!"

atribute : Jack Handy, ala SNL

Norm