travel bug picture in window

JoJoJeJe

hello cachers!

I am new to caching and I noticed you can get magnetic car travel bugs (i have one) etc and you can get a sticker TB for a car window also... I have been searching and searching and searching for an answer to my question about the car window travel bug but alas, can't find one.

From my understanding you can not put a cache in a 'commerical' place ie shop etc/ anything that forces a person in to a place of business to cache/gain trade etc. What about a travel bug picture in a shop window? It's not technically forcing the person inside as it'll be viewable from the outside...

i imagine a travel bug in a home window would be ok?

any thoughts and opinions (and maybe links to rules and regs etc) would be a great help!!!

regards

jojozombie

Edited by JoJoZombie

hello cachers!

I am new to caching and I noticed you can get magnetic car travel bugs (i have one) etc and you can get a sticker TB for a car window also... I have been searching and searching and searching for an answer to my question about the car window travel bug but alas, can't find one.

From my understanding you can not put a cache in a 'commerical' place ie shop etc/ anything that forces a person in to a place of business to cache/gain trade etc. What about a travel bug picture in a shop window? It's not technically forcing the person inside as it'll be viewable from the outside...

any thoughts and opinions (and maybe links to rules and regs etc) would be a great help!!!

regards

jojozombie

Well, you can put a cache inside a business location but that's not your question.

I am quite sure that putting a TB tracking number in a shop window or home does not cross any sort of guideline. Now advertising a tracking number, for example, by putting it on a flyer and sticking it on car windshields so that people could log it virtually would definitely be a no-no.

If the situation is: Come find the bug and log it - you should be good to go.

hello cachers!

regards

jojozombie

Well, you can put a cache inside a business location but that's not your question.

I am quite sure that putting a TB tracking number in a shop window or home does not cross any sort of guideline. Now advertising a tracking number, for example, by putting it on a flyer and sticking it on car windshields so that people could log it virtually would definitely be a no-no.

If the situation is: Come find the bug and log it - you should be good to go.

well, i hate to be OT, but what about checking out the Waymarking Sticker Seekers on www.Waymarking.com.....put one of those in your shop window.....