need some advice .

82Paratrpr

hey guys, i am about to upgrade from my POS cobra100gps to a used garmin. questions i have are .

if i get the etrex legend can i upload from the geocaching website?

60$ USD is that a good deal ?

or should i not get this one

thx fer the help.. my cobra was good for turn on aquire then move and reaquire very slow

Edited by 82Paratrpr

if i get the etrex legend can i upload from the geocaching website? Yes, but the connection to your PC would be serial. Some of the newer PC's don't even have a serial port and you would need to buy a usb to serial converter and those have so so luck working.

60$ USD is that a good deal ? Decent price if it's in good condition

I would recomment an etrex with at least a usb connection and if you can swing the extra money go with a model with H in it so you get the high sensativity receiver. I personally like color screens as well, but that's just me.

if i get the etrex legend can i upload from the geocaching website? Yes, but the connection to your PC would be serial. Some of the newer PC's don't even have a serial port and you would need to buy a usb to serial converter and those have so so luck working.

I would recomment an etrex with at least a usb connection and if you can swing the extra money go with a model with H in it so you get the high sensativity receiver. I personally like color screens as well, but that's just me.

Hello my name is is Chris. I am currently serving in the army in Baghdad. I do use the Garmin Legend HCx (also loaded w/ a detailed map of baghdad). I love the set up. Even when we are mounted in our UPARMORED hummvees I still get good signal, I rarely loose signal at all. Also the color screen works good when you are looking at terrain and more detailed maps. The setup of the whole piece is fairly simple, it just takes some playing and patience to figure it out. I would seriously recommend the Garmin Legend HCx. You could also look at the Garmin Vista HCx, that is another one some people use over here and I don't hear too many complaint from that one either.

Hello my name is is Chris. I am currently serving in the army in Baghdad. I do use the Garmin Legend HCx (also loaded w/ a detailed map of baghdad). I love the set up. Even when we are mounted in our UPARMORED hummvees I still get good signal, I rarely loose signal at all. Also the color screen works good when you are looking at terrain and more detailed maps. The setup of the whole piece is fairly simple, it just takes some playing and patience to figure it out. I would seriously recommend the Garmin Legend HCx. You could also look at the Garmin Vista HCx, that is another one some people use over here and I don't hear too many complaint from that one either. Oh ya also it does take the downloads directly from the website. I have already loaded several caches into mine to do some caching when I get back home. YOU MUST HAVE THE CABLE that connects it to your computer