New Magellan Topo Canada software

Slip slide

Is anyone familar with the magellan topo canada software #950-0116-001. It is available at walmart in Burnaby, BC Canada(maybe others...?) and at amazon.com(look under "all departments" and type in 950-0116-001.

It comes in SD card format and states on the packaging that it is compatible with some triton, explorist and crossover gps units. The packaging states its magellan Topo Canada, made in the USA by dmti spatial, copyright 2008.

Here's the puzzling thing, when I asked magellan support if this the latest version of topo canada, they claim they are not aware of this product and all of their software is made by navteq, and the latest version must be downloaded! They acted very concerned and wanted to know exactly who it was selling this product.

I guess what I'm concerned with is whether or not this is infact official magellan product or a knock-off. The fact that walmart and amazon are now selling it make me think that is must be official.... So does magellan support simply have theirs heads in the sand? From other issues I read about when dealing with support this is probably the case.

Does anyone have any information on the quality of the software itself?

Is anyone familar with the magellan topo canada software #950-0116-001. It is available at walmart in Burnaby, BC Canada(maybe others...?) and at amazon.com(look under "all departments" and type in 950-0116-001.

It comes in SD card format and states on the packaging that it is compatible with some triton, explorist and crossover gps units. The packaging states its magellan Topo Canada, made in the USA by dmti spatial, copyright 2008.

Here's the puzzling thing, when I asked magellan support if this the latest version of topo canada, they claim they are not aware of this product and all of their software is made by navteq, and the latest version must be downloaded! They acted very concerned and wanted to know exactly who it was selling this product.

I guess what I'm concerned with is whether or not this is infact official magellan product or a knock-off. The fact that walmart and amazon are now selling it make me think that is must be official.... So does magellan support simply have theirs heads in the sand? From other issues I read about when dealing with support this is probably the case.

Does anyone have any information on the quality of the software itself?

Greetings:

I can confirm that DMTI Spatial is an official content supplier to Magellan. The SD card you have purchased is an official Magellan product supported by our company.

As an official content supplier to Magellan, I am interested in your comments around using the data provided in your Triton device and suggestions for improving your user experience. Please feel free to contact me directly.

Best,

John Sorrell

VP & GM, Mapping Solutions

DMTI Spatial Inc.

“A Location Intelligence Company”

Toll Free U.S & Canada: 1-(877)-477-3684 Ext. 2005

Profit from Location Intelligence

Go to: www.dmtispatial.com