A question about Wherigo Builder

thx55555

At this moment, it is not possible. I remember the PPC Player version contains a basic map of where you are in relation to active zones, but it does not contain streets or topographic features.

Thank you very much. A question more: Can we pick in virtual world something special other than an image as award when completing a task, for example a song, a movie, or a calculator...?

In your cartridge, you can do virtually whatever you want as a reward for a player completing a task. (This is, of course, within reason and good taste.)

The constraint here, really, is what the software and hardware will support. Garmin handheld units are not equipped with a speaker capable of anything more than, perhaps, 8-bit sound. You could make a song, still, using that speaker if you're so inclined. PPCs vary, but by far and large do include some sort of speaker capable enough to use to play mp3s.

You also cited movies, or video, in your post. At this time, Wherigo will not support video. Besides, I don't think the Garmin GPS receivers are up to the task, anyway! As for a calculator, I'm not sure what you mean by this. If you mean the same word as a calculator in the US, it would be possible to make a calculator using Wherigo, yes, but I don't see why you'd want to duplicate the functionality already on the device. If you mean something to calculate the player's distance walked, you could do that as well, but the GPSr already has functionality for that with the tracklog or odometer.

In your cartridge, you can do virtually whatever you want as a reward for a player completing a task. (This is, of course, within reason and good taste.)

The constraint here, really, is what the software and hardware will support. Garmin handheld units are not equipped with a speaker capable of anything more than, perhaps, 8-bit sound. You could make a song, still, using that speaker if you're so inclined. PPCs vary, but by far and large do include some sort of speaker capable enough to use to play mp3s.

You also cited movies, or video, in your post. At this time, Wherigo will not support video. Besides, I don't think the Garmin GPS receivers are up to the task, anyway! As for a calculator, I'm not sure what you mean by this. If you mean the same word as a calculator in the US, it would be possible to make a calculator using Wherigo, yes, but I don't see why you'd want to duplicate the functionality already on the device. If you mean something to calculate the player's distance walked, you could do that as well, but the GPSr already has functionality for that with the tracklog or odometer.

Thank you for useful information! I just hope that the Wherigo engine could have some functions more so that maybe it could be used further as e.g. programming interface to extend the functionality of a Garmin-handheld (like Colorado, Oregon....e.g. the Oregon has no scientific calculator, maybe we need a dictionary, or text-reader...), then we know the functionality of a hand-held is fixed by the manufacturer, so that maybe here is a chance to change it and can do it easily.

Edited by thx55555