Unique geocoin option

Doogerd

I've been presented with a unique option for starting a geocoin on a "world tour". I'd like input/advice of expirienced cachers before I persue this particular route.

I'm in Canada, a seller in the U.S. will sell me (via PayPal) a new, un-activated coin; he keeps the coin and emails me the codes. He'll then "grab" the coin once I activate it and place it into a cache where he lives. I would avoid shipping costs and the delay of shipping/caching the coin here. Not to mention that the coin will have already "travelled" more than 2000 miles. Heck, maybe it will even find its way here in time.

Is this something that is widley practised or should I avoid it like the Bubonic Plague?

Thoughts?

Recommendations?

Advice?

Not really that unique. I had someone give me a geocoin. He provided the tracking number and activation code, I activated it, he "released" it by grabbing and placing in a cache about 1600 miles away from me (in Michigan). The coin's "mission" is for motorcycle awareness, and to make it back to me in Albuquerque. Then I'll release it here for another "mission" :(

I suggest you browse the topics in the Geocoin Discussion forum here, and use the forum search tool to do a little reading. If you don't find all the answers you're after, you can always post there:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=44

The people in that forum are patient, friendly, and eager to help :rolleyes:

Edited by Kohavis

I've been presented with a unique option for starting a geocoin on a "world tour". I'd like input/advice of expirienced cachers before I persue this particular route.

I'm in Canada, a seller in the U.S. will sell me (via PayPal) a new, un-activated coin; he keeps the coin and emails me the codes. He'll then "grab" the coin once I activate it and place it into a cache where he lives. I would avoid shipping costs and the delay of shipping/caching the coin here. Not to mention that the coin will have already "travelled" more than 2000 miles. Heck, maybe it will even find its way here in time.

Is this something that is widley practised or should I avoid it like the Bubonic Plague?

Thoughts?

Recommendations?

Advice?

Howdy......

If you buy it,it should be in YOUR POSSESSION! I would not do it!

Vern / Foothills Drifter... :rolleyes: