"Pecking Order" of Map Source Programs

Didjerrydo

I now have City Nav NT, US Inland lakes, & Eastern 24K Parks all loaded on a 4GB Micro SD card in my Oregon 400t (which obviously already has Topo 2008 in its internal memory).

Although I understand all these mapping types can't be displayed of the same area at the same time, it gets a bit aggrivating trying to figure which type is going to have dominance over the other when trying to look at a given area with a particular type mapping. Is there a simple rule of thumb here? :unsure:

I now have City Nav NT, US Inland lakes, & Eastern 24K Parks all loaded on a 4GB Micro SD card in my Oregon 400t (which obviously already has Topo 2008 in its internal memory).

Although I understand all these mapping types can't be displayed of the same area at the same time, it gets a bit aggrivating trying to figure which type is going to have dominance over the other when trying to look at a given area with a particular type mapping. Is there a simple rule of thumb here? :unsure:

If CN is active, it will be visible over the rest. You will have to hide it, to see the topos.

Yes, the more detailed the map data, the higher in the map display hierarchy. Here is a link to an old thread concerning the map hierarchy order that list a lot of Mapsource Maps.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=map++hierarchy

Edited by eaparks