The Rise and Fall of my TB

Deepheat

At the end of May This year, I released my first Travel Bug "Boomer" It was then taken from the cache on 8th June and has not been seen since.

The Cacher that took the TB was new to Caching and did 3 Caches that day taking 2 TB's in total and has done no more since. I have tried emailing and had no reply.

Are there any procedures in re-releasing the copy TB?

Any advice would be appreciated

Pete

You'd have received a second tag when you bought your TB tag, marked COPY. You can attach this to a new item, put it in a cache and on the site, 'grab' your TB from the cacher (lite) who has it and place it in the cache via a note. Then you're back in the game. As it's only the number which is tracked, you can just attach a laminated card with the rules of TBs (don't keep it, move it on!) on it with a printed number, and keep the COPY tag safe for your reference. Hope that helps :blink:

You say that you have emailed the cacher and had no reply, have you tried looking for a friend of the cacher.

A lot of the time cachers start with an experienced member who shows them the ropes.

Your TB grabber appears to have done two caches on the same day as 'riffraff101', and refers in his logs to his uncle. You could try and email the other person and ask them politely if they know the TB grabber and ask if they do, could ask them about the whereabouts of your TB.

You say that you have emailed the cacher and had no reply, have you tried looking for a friend of the cacher.

A lot of the time cachers start with an experienced member who shows them the ropes.

Your TB grabber appears to have done two caches on the same day as 'riffraff101', and refers in his logs to his uncle. You could try and email the other person and ask them politely if they know the TB grabber and ask if they do, could ask them about the whereabouts of your TB.

I had this experiance. A cacher had a TB of mine for about 6 months. I emailed them (after about a month) and was told that they were ill but hoped to move it on soon. A couple of months later I tried again but got no reply.

I then looked at their location and finds and discovered the cacher who had introduced them to the sport and emailed him.

It turned out they were neighbours and so he 'grabbed' and dropped it into a cache for me.

good times. :blink: