Software wipe out 60csx

garylost

Received my new 60csx, and from there every thing went down hill first thing I did was to hook in to Garmin with USB cable to register and to down loads all up dates. well first thing the 60csx screen remained totally blank, like there was not a connection between unit and the Mac unlike my Nuvi 750 that shows you are hook up to your computer (I have a Mac) so I called Garmin and talked to the Mac tech as he was walking me thou he said try garmin updater to see if I could initiate any communication so I did. The next thing that happen was a complete wipe out of software on the unit, on the screen it said (on software) tech was not sure what happen and was unable to help after that

In thinking back when I used the up dater I hit up date first not the find device I wonder if that was what wiped all software out. I took it back got a refund and will be ordering again but not wanting a repeat I need some help what did do wrong or what did I not do ?

At first I thought the 60csx would be a way to go, but is there some thing more compatible with the mac I don't mind being on the high end of price would prefer med + range. Because of the negative stuff i've read I'm kinda staying away from the Oregon and Colorado lines.

All help will be great, Gary

Edited by garylost

Received my new 60csx, and from there every thing went down hill first thing I did was to hook in to Garmin with USB cable to register and to down loads all up dates. well first thing the 60csx screen remained totally blank, like there was not a connection between unit and the Mac unlike my Nuvi 750 that shows you are hook up to your computer (I have a Mac) so I called Garmin and talked to the Mac tech as he was walking me thou he said try garmin updater to see if I could initiate any communication so I did. The next thing that happen was a complete wipe out of software on the unit, on the screen it said (on software) tech was not sure what happen and was unable to help after that

In thinking back when I used the up dater I hit up date first not the find device I wonder if that was what wiped all software out. I took it back got a refund and will be ordering again but not wanting a repeat I need some help what did do wrong or what did I not do ?

At first I thought the 60csx would be a way to go, but is there some thing more compatible with the mac I don't mind being on the high end of price would prefer med + range. Because of the negative stuff i've read I'm kinda staying away from the Oregon and Colorado lines.

All help will be great, Gary

Unless this Saturday is an off day I'm sure some will be around soon to advise. The 60CSx has an excellent reputation all around. What did the Garmin rep suggest doing next--returning the unit to them for repair? Is sounds like even when not connected to your Mac the 60CSx is dead to the whole world now? Even my Colorado said, "System Software Missing".

Edit your "bump" with more information. Remove the batteries and reinstall them and turn the unit on--not hooked up to anything. Does the screen come up with any text? Be confident the batteries are charged too?