CHARACTER : Make globally visible..?

vk3jap

wondering what's the best way to make a character globally visible? like a tour guide that you can always turn to when you need help etc..

I'm sure I managed to do this somehow when I started playing about with the builder but for some reason I just can't do it now.. might be gumbie error!

wondering what's the best way to make a character globally visible? like a tour guide that you can always turn to when you need help etc..

I wonder if you could make a very large active but invisible zone that covers a lot more than the playing area and put the character there. Not sure how the "zone within a zone" situation would be handled though. (Side comment - I did notice in field testing the other day that, where I accidentally had 2 zones that overlapped, the CO happily said "here" for both of them at the same time)

Also I wonder what the performance implications would be.

Edited by Geofellas

Perhaps we need a new character type: PC, NPC, and Familiar :sad: .

Are you kidding? A familiar would be the one person in the whole world who would be perfectly comfortable with insulting you. Reference the character "Loiosh" in the link you provided. I've read those books, too, and even sat with the author, Steven Brust, with a few other people for an hour in a restaurant. Not quite Zelazny, but he reminds me of him. Personally, I believe "The Chronicles of Amber" series to be the best in the genre.

And that's as much off topic as I'll allow myself to get.

But it's good that a cartridge author wants to keep everything in character instead of adding instructions in like they're coming from the system.