eTrex Venture HC

You can press in the clickstick (it's the button on the face) until a Mark Waypoint screen appears, and then edit the co-ords, name and symbol to what you want.

Thank you. Using your info I somehow realized that the screen I needed was under "Mark" on the main menu.

Interesting fact:

On page 7 of the manual it clearly tells you that you can create a waypoint in 3 different ways.

1. Press ENTER while at a location

2. create one on the Map Page.

3. Manually enter coordinates (this is what I wanted to do)

They proceed to explain how to do #1 and #2 but not #3.

I hate getting used to new electronic toys.

You can press in the clickstick (it's the button on the face) until a Mark Waypoint screen appears, and then edit the co-ords, name and symbol to what you want.

Thank you. Using your info I somehow realized that the screen I needed was under "Mark" on the main menu.

Interesting fact:

On page 7 of the manual it clearly tells you that you can create a waypoint in 3 different ways.

Thought I'd start you out with the easiest one button solution.

Interesting fact:

I agree about new electronics being a bear--especially when some features really don't work. On my Colorado I needed to create coordinates for a paperless multi geocache I was doing for the first time. Out of desperation I stumbled on just creating a dummy waypoint and editing its coordinates. I was pleased to see it disappear and reappear at the edited coordinates--I guess half-expecting not to see it move at all. As a bona fide waypoint outside of the paperless geocache I could auto-route to it too. You know, it looks sort of like all three of those methods might be describing the same method from 3 different points of view--one right near where you are at, one off somewhere else, and the third just using different wordage for the either of the other two.

Edited by Ratsneve