Iraq maps.

Hi,

I'm going to Iraq for half a year and thought of buying a GPS (probably something like a Legend/Vista HCx). I've seen a couple of sites where I can buy detailed maps of the country, however at a price of around 300$.

Does anyone know of sites that offer any free (or cheaper) maps (perhaps not so detailed) over Iraq, especially the Baghdad area? I guess that almost everything will be better than the base map that goes with the GPS.

All the best

P

Hi,

I'm going to Iraq for half a year and thought of buying a GPS (probably something like a Legend/Vista HCx). I've seen a couple of sites where I can buy detailed maps of the country, however at a price of around 300$.

Does anyone know of sites that offer any free (or cheaper) maps (perhaps not so detailed) over Iraq, especially the Baghdad area? I guess that almost everything will be better than the base map that goes with the GPS.

All the best

P

You might check mapcenter2.cgpsmapper.com or www.openstreetmap.org (can be converted to Garmin format using a program called mkgmap).