Media Problem - "Selected File Type Not Valid"

kvhollis

I've been trying to add media to a cartidge. I add the name, the description, then I click on Add. I select the JPG file and I get the error, "Selected File Type Not Valid". I have never had a problem previously with any other cartidge.

I can open the photo in Windows and in Photoshop with no issues what so ever.

Has anyone else seen something like this?

I've been trying to add media to a cartidge. I add the name, the description, then I click on Add. I select the JPG file and I get the error, "Selected File Type Not Valid". I have never had a problem previously with any other cartidge.

I saw something like that in an early version of the builder. Try renaming the file to use a lower case file name.

By the way, which version of the builder are you running?

I saw something like that in an early version of the builder. Try renaming the file to use a lower case file name.

By the way, which version of the builder are you running?

I tried lower case - still no luck.

I'm using build: #2.0.4721.3802 after running into the DLL issues with the last build.

I tried lower case - still no luck.

I'm using build: #2.0.4721.3802 after running into the DLL issues with the last build.

Mind if I play with the image file? I'm coming up on my lunch break at work.

Sure. I'll attach them here. I added 3 here. These are just a few of the ones I wanted to add of 6 or so.

post-919685-1216310322.jpg

post-919685-1216310333.jpg

post-919685-1216310379.jpg

I'm looking at it once I find the builder version you are using. It would have been easier to note the date.

One last check: are you sure your file extension is in lower case? I accidentally typed "file name" in a previous post. I meant to ask about the extension.

That did it! Never would I have imagined that!

Holy cow you're using an old version of the builder -- January 21st! It took me fifteen minutes of installing, checking, and uninstalling just to find the version from the number you gave me!

Definitely look at your image's file extension. I can reproduce your error in that version by changing the file extension from jpg to JPG. Are you familiar with changing file extensions?

Holy cow you're using an old version of the builder -- January 21st! It took me fifteen minutes of installing, checking, and uninstalling just to find the version from the number you gave me!

Definitely look at your image's file extension. I can reproduce your error in that version by changing the file extension from jpg to JPG. Are you familiar with changing file extensions?

Oh yea. Certainly changed all of the file names and it's working like a champ. Is there a more recent build that is stable and doesn't suffer from the Zoine DLL problem?

Oh yea. Certainly changed all of the file names and it's working like a champ. Is there a more recent build that is stable and doesn't suffer from the Zoine DLL problem?

I can't answer that. I've never had this problem on my computer. Heck, because of this thread, I uninstalled and installed about seven or eight different versions of the builder in quick succession and didn't have the problem when I reinstalled the current version.

Hmm... I almost hear the chants of Wherigo forum-goers everywhere, hexing my laptop to have this problem.

I've never had this problem on my computer. Heck, because of this thread, I uninstalled and installed about seven or eight different versions of the builder in quick succession and didn't have the problem when I reinstalled the current version.

Hmm... I almost hear the chants of Wherigo forum-goers everywhere, hexing my laptop to have this problem.

Me too! Hopefully you use something like VMWare or Virtual PC to do all of that!