New at this

mccall_ma&pa

I tried and tried to figure out how to log that I found a Travel Bug in a cache and all it would let me do is log that I had discovered it. I also saw that some had loged the State it was found in, and I could not get it to do that either. I want to make sure that I can log it when it is placed into another cache. Help please :)

The White Ibis TB wasn't logged into the inventory of the cache you found it in. The other cacher had plenty of time to do so. You will need to 'grab' it from oforfungrandma1 and log it into the cache where you found it. Then retrieve it from there. That should put it in your inventory so you can drop it in another cache. That should keep its miles accurate. Hope this helps. :)

The cacher may have dropped it into the cache the same day you found it; I'd give them a couple more days to catch up on their logging before deciding to Grab it away.

If you do Grab it away, make sure to post a note on the cache you found it in and drop the bug into that cache listing. This will give the bug credit for being there. You would then do a normal Retrieve to get it back out.

Let us know if you need step by step instructions. We're happy to help.

Edited by BlueDeuce

I tried and tried to figure out how to log that I found a Travel Bug in a cache and all it would let me do is log that I had discovered it. I also saw that some had loged the State it was found in, and I could not get it to do that either. I want to make sure that I can log it when it is placed into another cache. Help please :)

Thanks will give that a try, I want to make sure this bug is tracked the correct way.

The White Ibis TB wasn't logged into the inventory of the cache you found it in. The other cacher had plenty of time to do so. You will need to 'grab' it from oforfungrandma1 and log it into the cache where you found it. Then retrieve it from there. That should put it in your inventory so you can drop it in another cache. That should keep its miles accurate. Hope this helps. :)

Ok I changed my log to say grabbed from oforfungrandma1, but don't know how to get it into the inventory of the cache that i found it in. ????? Where are there instructions, I have been looking all over. :sad:

You have to go to the page for the cache you found it in, not the TB's page. Log the cache again, only this time select "write note" from the list rather than "found". Write a note explaining that you're dropping the bug in to keep the mileage correct, and before you post the note make sure you highlight the name of the TB in the list near the bottom of the page that shows all the TBs in your posession. The bug will then be officially in the cache's inventory. Then you retrieve the TB the same way you did before, only select "retrieved from ..." rather than "grabbed from ..." or "discovered". That will put the bug back in your inventory, ready to drop in whatever cache you leave it in.

I know what you mean about instructions - the information is found in several places but there is so much other information it's hard to find what you need when you need it. My daughter refuses to pick up TBs because she's sure she'll mess up the logging. Once you've done it a few times it's not so stressful.

Ok I changed my log to say grabbed from oforfungrandma1, but don't know how to get it into the inventory of the cache that i found it in. ????? Where are there instructions, I have been looking all over. :sad:

If you left it in the cache where you found it you can Write Note and drop it in there. If you still have it it should be in your inventory after you Grabbed it.

You have to go to the page for the cache you found it in, not the TB's page. Log the cache again, only this time select "write note" from the list rather than "found". Write a note explaining that you're dropping the bug in to keep the mileage correct, and before you post the note make sure you highlight the name of the TB in the list near the bottom of the page that shows all the TBs in your posession. The bug will then be officially in the cache's inventory. Then you retrieve the TB the same way you did before, only select "retrieved from ..." rather than "grabbed from ..." or "discovered". That will put the bug back in your inventory, ready to drop in whatever cache you leave it in.

I know what you mean about instructions - the information is found in several places but there is so much other information it's hard to find what you need when you need it. My daughter refuses to pick up TBs because she's sure she'll mess up the logging. Once you've done it a few times it's not so stressful.

Thanks will give that a try :)