Palm T5 hook up problems

Nagrom1

I hope some one can help me, I am pulling my hair out here. Have joined up for premium membership. Have downloaded Babel to convert files have gotten my pocket query and converted it. Have hotsynced the T5 now I cant find the file on the Palm. Is it old age or finger trouble. HELP!!!!

What application are you using on Palm?

I use CacheMate for cache database and CMConvert to convert GPX file(s) into PDB database. Once hotsync is done, I just open CacheMate and it recognizes new file automatically and asks me which database I want to import the new data to.

I am using TX but the procedure is pretty much standard for all Palm based PDAs.

Get CacheMate for Palm. It is only $8 and well worth it. It is a database which has very nice features (search, description, hits, logs, etc).

CMConvert is Windows application with GUI that converts GPX file into Palm PDB. It is just drag and drop to convert. I am also on a Mac but I use CMConvert at work because I found it extremely easy to use. I think they have command line version for Mac.

Will do. one last query please. when you have converted files and dragged them into the "send to handheld" icon do they auto move to the CacheMate application when you hotsync or is there another step in my setup first.

I am using the GUI version of CMConvert so it does everything automatically (it puts the PDB file on the list to be synched). I guess command line version will not do it. But once you synch the PDB file to your Palm, just open CacheMate and you will be asked which database you want to import the data into (so make sure you create one before).