Weird Bookmark Issue

russellvt

I'm experiencing a weird bookmark issue as I'm creating a new bookmark list (for an "alphabetical" challenge). As I'm cresting the one page barrier (20... actually at 24 now) it seems that Firefox only shows 19 (with a "next page" link at the bottom). Clicking the "Next" or the "2" at the bottom of the page just gives me the canned "General Error" page. Also expanding the number per page to something like 50 doesn't actually change the display at all, but it removes the page numbers at the bottom.

Of course... opening up IE (Aiyeeee!) and logging in, it all seems to work fine and as-advertised. After a few minutes, Firefox finally displays the 20th cache on the first page and is displaying just a copy of the first page for the "second" page.

Seems like some weird session caching stuff is going on, perhaps? Or something odd with the javascript that's used to generate these pages? (why do it the hard way?)

I'm currently using Firefox 3.0 on Vista and have page caching turned off (ie. "check every time"); though technically, the "expires" header should be properly set on pages generated from database queries, I'd think (ie. haven't actually checked). Other multi-page bookmarks would appear to work just fine.

Note: ten minutes later, it's working fine (sounds like a caching issue somewhere?). I might blame the browser, were it not for the "general error" popping up all the time (though maybe that only needed to happen once before the browser cached it for some time, anyway?).

Edited by russellvt