Expansion of Earthcaches

Carbon Hunter

Can someone (perhaps Geoaware) give us a bit of a history as to how Earthcaches came about as a seperate category.

And secondly, is there any liklihhod of Earthcaches being expanded to include other areas of "Earth" significance such as World Heritage Sites, Biodiversity protection zones etc.?

Would e interested to know about this.

Thanks

EarthCaches were developed by the Geological Society of America with Groundspeak after discussions with National Parks and other groups. They have developed over time, and did spend a period in Waymarking.com.

EarthCaches MUST be related to an aspect of Earth science.....there is no plan to expand them beyond the Earth sciences.

Geoaware

EarthCaches were developed by the Geological Society of America with Groundspeak after discussions with National Parks and other groups. They have developed over time, and did spend a period in Waymarking.com.

EarthCaches MUST be related to an aspect of Earth science.....there is no plan to expand them beyond the Earth sciences.

Geoaware

Having taken a break on Earthcaches for about a year its time to catch up on the latest news. I know of the move to Waymarking (which put me off Earthcaches and I stopped doing them). I heard of their return but didnt jump on the bandwagon. Where do we see it going from here? Any goals as far as number of listings, visits, countries, etc. Also, I first looked at only really significant geological features but I have come to realize that there are hundreds or thousands of good smaller examples that occur almost anywhere. I see the spreading out of Earthcaches to more and more places which is good. It gives everyone a chance to create or visit one.