Explorist 400 Need some help

Hi,

I am having trouble with my explorist 400 will not take a charge. Anyone else have this problem? When I plug it in and turn it on and watch the battery charging screen it show very little charge the just to show all charged then back to very little. Seems very weird. Than when I unplug it shuts off and will not turn back on.

Anyone?

Thanks

Hi Mikey_B,

I have another battery but can find it after my last move :D.

Maybe you could answer this for me. I was reading the adapter and it says +/_5v @ 1a.

I tested the unit with no battery in it and I get a reading of 10.4 - 10.5v is this the correct reading I was looking for something a lot closer to 5V. This was also tested with my car charger with same results.

If anyone out this has a explorist 400 could you test this on yours.

When holding the gps with the back off and the battery out looking inside check the voltage over the two battery leads on the left had side. If your meter does not do reverser polarity black lead on the far left.

And also am I correct in assuming that the right two leads are for out going power from the battery to the gps?

Thanks All.

David

Do you have another battery to try? It seems as though either the battery is not holding a charge any more or there may be a problem with the charging circuit.

Edited by The_Fab_Four